WHAT IS MINDFULNESS?
A lot of the time we spend our lives on ‘autopilot’. We might notice this sometimes when we are driving or walking somewhere – we arrive, but have no real recollection of how we got there.
In mindfulness practice we aim to develop awareness.
Mindfulness means deliberately attending to and becoming more aware of our experiences: of our thoughts, feelings and body sensations. When we are not very aware, running on autopilot, things happen to us and we react in habitual ways – like having our buttons pressed. When we are aware we know what is happening. We can learn to recognise triggers to unhelpful behaviour and become aware of thoughts and feelings that can gradually build up.
Developing awareness can help us to enjoy and savour our lives more fully.
Some benefits of mindfulness training:
- Greater self-awareness / self-knowledge
- Increased emotional resilience
- Less stress and anxiety
- Increased creativity and engagement
- Increased focus and listening ability
- Improved decision-making
- Increased motivation and perspective
- Improved relationships and communication
- Better sleep and overall wellbeing
Email me now to book your free initial consultation to find out how you as an individual, your staff and/or organisation can benefit from mindfulness training.
I offer a range of mindfulness programmes – for the workplace and for individuals.
- 1:1 mindfulness training to better understand what stress is, how it happens, to prevent burnout and long-term sickness.
- Two-hour interactive introductory sessions to mindfulness for the workplace to explore what mindfulness is and its benefits. It’s a helpful precursor to a longer tailored 6-, 8- or 10-week mindfulness programme for the workplace.
- Longer mindfulness programmes to increase emotional resilience, mental health and wellbeing.
- Guidance and advice to help develop a culture of wellbeing in the workplace so that not only staff members can benefit but the organisation as a whole.
I have been delivering mindfulness programmes since 2014 and have been practicing myself for over 11 years. I have trained with Breathworks-Mindfulness UK, one of the UK’s leading mindfulness training organisations.
I follow the Good Practice Guidelines set out by the UK Network for Mindfulness-Based Teacher Training Organisations. There are many mindfulness teachers now in London and the UK, but many are not properly qualified or experienced, so do take care when you book a course. I am happy to answer any questions you may have about my background and experience.
Email me now or call 0781 5 591279 to book your free initial consultation to find out how your staff and organisation can benefit from mindfulness training.